Beadswap August 2009

Friday, August 14, 2009
This month i joined a beadswap in the Yahoo group i belong to. The group is called Beadingaholics.
Beadingaholics is a support group for anyone addicted to beading, stringing, wire working, PMC jewellry, Polymer clay, wire crochet knitting, chain maille, gemstones, seed beads, lampwork, all other types of sparkling jewellery adornments. Our family of friends is always here to help you with any problems you might be having, lend advice creativity, to help you develop your craving for more beads beautiful jewelry!

The theme is Tropical Rainforest. I had been looking for pictures that would take into consideration the coming fall trends so that the bracelet could be worn for months to come. so i considered the rainforest in the Northwestern US and did find some promising pictures but could not find beads or the right inspiration to compliment my vision.

I had gone with a sketch of something that had bright tropical colors out of frustration and even purchased $20 worth of matierals to compelte the multi-strand bracelet. Still, not happy with what I had.

So to my bead stash i fly. I had these huge almost 30mm long acrylic beads that were just sitting in my bead box. There was start of my inspiration.. Pulling ovlie beads and jade and pearls and faceted glass beads and some new metal beads this is what resulted:


I have my acrylic beads then lemon faceted jade, purple peacock pearls, olive Czech glass, Silvertone Hibiscus bead.

Then it slightly changes to accomidate a more opaque acrylic bead with gold shimmer in it.


The bead at the most left is the the change but it's beautiful. It also makes the skin kinda glow.

my inspiration was these pictures i found of a terrarium on this orchid forum i stumbled on to:

OrchidBroad

Here are the 3 pictures i took great inspiration from:



This was just a burst of inspiration and i'm so glad i could use beads i already ahd. now i just need to string and get a clasp.

Bling accomplished! will post finished product soon!


Photobucket Image Hosting

0 comments: