Scalp Scrub Equals Fluffy Soft Shiney Hair

Wednesday, July 11, 2012
OMg! I am so happy.  I can't even begin to tell you all what i have stumbled upon.  So, here is my story:

I have curly hair.  Most days it is blown straight to be able to make my life easier and not have to spend a ton of money on product.  The oils in my hair take a while to bounce back so when straight i can go for about a week without washing my hair.  I love that.  However, product buildup and natural buildup of oil and dead skin cells from my scalp are a problem. so I was thinking okay i need to go to the dollar store and get some suave clarifying shampoo.  Problem with that is that i have to deep condition due to the extreme stripping of oils and then the whole buildup thing starts all over. 

So being the fantastic searching gal i am, I stared looking for another solution. Then i remembered, when I'm stressed I heart scalp massages. Not only are they calming but they really make my scalp clean as a whistle and tingly!  So searching how to do a scalp massage without a conditioner or product i have to pay a ton for.  I started seeing recipes for jojoba oil, however i never have jojoba oil on hand.  I'm currently having a love affair with grape seed oil though.  The recipe i found said to use brown sugar and jojoba oil and i wondered if grape seed oil could do the same.

The search continued...

Lo and behold..ladies and gents..yes it can be!  Where did i find this miracle piece of information? well, right here in San Antonio!  There is this beautiful spa called.. Dasa Spa on the Riverwalk.  For $30 they will do a warm oil infusion scalp treatment.

Here is the exact verbage:
      "Using warm aromatic oil on your scalp and hair, the therapist works to release tension and restriction in the neck and scalp. The grapeseed oil stabilizes collagen and elasticity of hair and skin, providing youthfulness, hydration, and nourishment. (For massage as well)
15 min. $30"


 Ha!

Well..that was enough for me.  Maybe for my birthday I'll get a warm scalp massage done at Dasa, but for now home it is.

So my recipe:

Please adjust quantities to your liking.

1/2 cup Grapeseed oil (the greener the better...the lighter the more processed it is)
1/4 cup Brown sugar ( I like dark brown sugar)

If you like gently warm the oil before use.  I did it cold.
You will want to apply this mixture in the shower.
Mix well then apply to scalp after dampening hair.  massage in circles allover scalp.
Exfoliate behind ears and onto the neck.

Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to make it all smell nice.   If you have left over scrub you can use it on your face and body.  Be gentle on the face, very very light pressure will polish the skin just fine.

After you have massaged your scalp, rinse away the scrub with warm water and follow your normal shampoo routine.  Your hair should be super soft.


Myself, i shampooed with the Geranium Ylang shampoo from Manor Hall Soap Company. No conditoner necessary with all the oils i added to my hair. Then combed out my locks after it dried a little and went to bed with my hair fanned out on my pillow.

Woke up the next morning with super curly, bouncy and shiny hair.  I've never had all 3 @ the same time!  BTW with my hair very soft and nourished i didn't need any gel or product and my curls are holding strong 3 days later.  This is awesome!

Skin was soft all over from using the scrub on the body and face.

So find some good grapeseed oil and have an at home spa day. Let me know how it works out for you.



Photobucket Image Hosting

0 comments: