Dr. Bronner's for Baby- New HG for my kids

Tuesday, August 31, 2010
okay y'all, in my search for products that are better for my family and cost effective, I have rediscovered Dr. Bronner's Castile Soaps. I had read abot them from the raveson the HHWC forums and a few other blogs. However, at the time, with only one kid, the expense was just not right for my family at the time. now with the second kiddo almost here (typing this as i'm having contractions), now is abetter time to further reduce the family spending budget and use products that are better for my family.
I remember the pain for the Johnson's "Tear-free" shampoo causing me pain and tears. The same occurred to my daughter and i had to switch. Burt's Bees was no much help either though tipping my daughter's head back to lessen the amount of shampoo hitting her face improved things.

Okay, enter Dr.Bronner's into my mind. Castile soap that is mild and has rave reviews. Went to the Vitamin Shoppe and got the Organic Unscented Baby-Mild Pure Castile Soap.
Got the 8oz bottle for $5.49 and have diluted it with water into a travel shampoo bottle for my daughter. I know with Dr. Bronner's it's not tear free, but it's sulfate and harsh chemical free. My daughter has no incidents with me administered with the tilt back method and her curls have improved.

The ingredients fro Dr. Bronner's Baby-Mild formula are:
Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin E.

All great stuff. In case you are wondering what saponified means, according to dictionary.com: "to convert (a fat) into soap by treating with an alkali."

I remember on Dirty Jobs a soap maker saying saponification is when the soapmaker adds something like lye to the fat, the chemical reaction results in soap.

Results so far are:
Skin is soft and no need for lotion. Hair, like i said curls are great and i don't have to use as much EV Coconut Oil to detangle. YAY!

glitter-graphics.com

Photobucket Image Hosting

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Organic and unscented is the way to go. Thanks for sharing.